Friday, May 4, 2007

We're not real interesting...

I really like that Chelsey started this family blog, the idea of keeping all of us in contact from different states & countries is so great. And I want to do my part, but when I sat down to write a post I realized… I just don’t have much to say. I don’t really know what to write about. So I came up with the best idea I could. Everyone should just do one post explaining what a normal day in their life is like. I think that could start not only a lot of other posts, but be really interesting to see how diverse all our daily routines are. I have no idea what a typical weekday for Lydia & the kids is like. Or what Callie is doing when she’s not at work. Or what Dad has really been doing all those months in Egypt. But I would love to know!!

Around here it’s more or less an extended weekend. With Miles not traveling or leaving the house for work, it’s kinda like a Saturday everyday. =) Our morning starts between 7 & 8:30 when the first kid wakes up. Emily needs a bottle as soon as she’s awake, and then likes to spend time in her swing. Paul just wants a sippy cup & to be left alone in his room watching Playhouse Disney for a good 30min or more. After he’s done waking up alone, the day really starts. We usually have toast for breakfast, and then he follows me around the house while I do laundry or clean. Miles usually plays on the computer until around lunch, when we all hang out in the living room & play with the kids. In the afternoons Paul & I typically get out of the house, going to WalMart, running random errands or just go hang out at my Mom’s house for awhile. We usually make it home by about 4ish & spend time in the back yard while Miles cooks on the grill. After dinner we’ll watch tv while Paul plays out in the playroom, intermittently wandering in to jabber at us about whatever he’s doing. Paul’s very favorite part of the day is about 7:30… bath-bath!! Once I say “You wanna take a bath-bath?” he goes running down the hall yelling & waits at the bathroom door. Emily, however, is not a fan. She screams the whole time I’m washing her, and then reacts to lotion as if I’ve laced it with acid. Once I’m done dressing her I lotion Paul & dress him, and then we play on the floor for a bit. He goes to bed around 8:30, which is when Miles & I watch all the shows we’ve recorded on Tivo. Emily drinks her last bottle & is in bed by 10 or 11, which is when one of my favorite parts of the day arrives… bed time! =) I climb in bed & sometimes read for a bit, and then Miles comes to bed usually after I’m asleep. And it starts all over.

There it is. It may not seem interesting, but it makes all of us very happy. =) So… what is YOUR day like?

No comments: