So now that my wife has let out my little secret, yes my life is nothing but video games and playing with my kids. Well, that's not completely true. I have worked on a few minor things here and there, preparing information and documents for some IBM clients and so forth but really I spend my days looking for job postings either with IBM or other companies. I've realized that I don't want to travel 80% of every week since I actually want to be with my kids.
I know, hard to believe, but I can't stay away from my two little ones, beastly as they can be sometimes. So usually, my day starts with me getting up with the kids between 7 - 8:30am, this is rarely Becca getting up because she takes the feeding for Emily at 2-4am and so we've worked out a schedule there. I get the kids up, get them kids breakfast and new diapers, and then set Paul down for his 30 min of "leave me alone I'm waking up time" and feed Emily. After that, they are pretty content alone for an hour or two and so I browse work I may need to do or look at job possibilities outside IBM.
With Becca out doing errands, I usually tend one or both of the kids while she is out, and watch Star Trek episodes we Tivo'd because Becca hates Star Trek with a passion and watching them while she is gone makes for less disappointing stares from my wife. ;) After she gets home, one or both of us make dinner, watch something on TV or a video, play with the kids, and around 8-9pm the kids go to bed, 9-11pm Becca goes to bed, and between Midnight and 2am I will come to bed and maybe have fed Emily if she's woken up by then, that way Becca doesn't have too.
Other than that a BBQ and some yard work here and there and some occasional pool hall and time at a sports bar with some friends and Casey and I stay pretty content.
And to Chelsey and Brian, Firefly was a great series, and when you finish it, make sure to rent the movie "Serenity" which is the end of that series. It's not really obvious that that movie is supposed to be watched after the series seasons are done, but it's a great flick.
No comments:
Post a Comment