Becca, what a great idea! I love it. And here I am to do my part.
During the week, my days start around 6:45am. I get up, get ready, and try to be out the door on my way to work by 7:45. I get to the office around 8:15 or so, and start my work day. Mondays and Fridays are usually a little slower on Capitol Hill, with the bulk of the work happening Tuesday-Thursday. Depending on the day, I have meetings with constituents or lobbyists, meetings with the Senator, conference calls, hearings, markups, and a variety of other things. When it's slow and Bryan doesn't have to study during lunch, he and I will have lunch together here in the cafeteria or somewhere close by. Bryan works in the same building I do -- he's on the first floor, and I'm on the fifth.
If I'm lucky, I get out of the office around 6:00 or 6:15, but in a few weeks it will get busy again, and I'll be here more often until 7:00 or 7:30. Some nights I'm here even later than that! After work, I try to go to the gym for an hour or so. I say "try," because I don't always succeed. However, now that I'm on the LGN diet, hopefully my gym attendance will increase. When Bryan is in school, I go to the gym and by the time I get home and showered, he's home from class. Then I'll either go to Bryan's house or he'll come to my house and we'll eat dinner (usually lean pockets or cereal), and watch shows he has TIVO'ed or an episode of Arrested Development. (We're currently working our way through the first season. If you haven't seen it, you should -- it's hilarious.) We're also working our way through Firefly, a series you Sci-Fi lovers should definitely check out.
Weekends vary. This last weekend, Bryan's parents were in town, so we went to Antietam and Gettysburg on Saturday. It was really cool. If we don't have visitors in town, we'll do something around DC -- usually just relax. Over the next couple of weekends, we're going to have to do things like look for an apartment, so our weekends will be busy. On Sundays, we go to church in the morning, and then the afternoon is open for naps, reading, or watching a movie. Sometimes I'll cook and we'll have dinner together in the evening.
Anyway, that's me! Ok, everyone else -- let's hear from you!
No comments:
Post a Comment