Sunday, April 1, 2007

Thievery

I freely admit that I stole the idea for a family blog from Bryan's family. I am capable of forming original thoughts, but this just doesn't happen to be one of them. And no, this doesn't mean I'm morphing into Bryan, but he should get used to the fact that I'm going to appropriate all of his best ideas.

Anyway, Bryan's family's blog is really cool. This will be a great venue for doing everything from sharing news to spreading gossip to cutting down on Mom's cell phone usage. Ok, let's be honest, that will never happen. But yeah -- we have the Bowen website, which is nice, and Miles and Becca's photo gallery, which is adorable, but I thought this would be kind of fun -- and might encourage the blossoming writers inside each of us.

People, let's give this a try and see how it goes. What do you say?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She lies...she is so morphing into me. Here's the thing...

Becca said...

The only problem I have with posting to a family blog is I’m not nearly as quick or witty as anyone in this family. Maybe wittier then Miles, but that’s not impressive. Posting just gives me the chance to say stupid things in front of everyone more often. I’ve barely gained the courage to hang out in Mom’s kitchen while everyone is home. Even then, I realize it’s only a matter of time before I say something ditzy enough to draw attention to myself & incur the mocking wrath of all other Penrods in the room. I’m not sure I’m ready for that… it’s a little nerve-racking…

Miles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miles said...

Ok, so my wife likes to think she's witty, just ignore her as I usually do. ;) Well aside from wondering when Chelsey will stop with the strange random thoughts and e-mails, I feel it is appropriate to throw in a "You will be assimilated, your uniqueness will be added to our own, resistance is futile." here.

P.S. I assume through my own experience that Chelsey will regain her composure after her wedding, I use my wife as a template for this assumption.

Lallie said...

Bryan Hickman, I wanted to officially welcome you to the family, Bryan Hickman. I'm looking forward to meeting you, Bryan Hickman. Even though we have not yet been introduced, Bryan Hickman, I feel that there is no time like the present to initiate you into the family, Bryan Hickman. As you may have noticed, Bryan Hickman, I felt the need to use your whole name whenever addressing you, Bryan Hickman. I've decided it was for the same reason you felt the need to include your whole name whenever you post, Bryan Hickman. I'm guessing it's so we don't get you confused with the other Bryan's that will be posting to our blog. ;) Welcome again to the family!