Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Our Peripatetic Day

Ok, I've decided to post, too! Today Spencer and I took Mom, Chelsey and the kids over to the Dashur Pyramids. They went down inside for the full experience and to see bat poop. Hey, those are the kids' words! There really is bat poop, no more mummies. We walked around the base of the pyramid and even rode a camel. Actually, that was Chelsey and Mom that jumped up on top. The kids were scrambling to get their turn like they'd never have another chance. Geez kids, I have a couple dozen pictures of you on camels. We could assemble a flip book and watch you age on those beasts! Also, on the way there, we saw a big snake. This guy had probably run over it with his car and he went back to rescue it (probably for his dinner! Yay for him.)
Once we came back to the apartments for a quick breather and to drop the kids off with ReRe, we were off to the Khan!! (the market/shopping district) Mom, Dad, Chelsey & Tanner took their own cab, Spencer & I hopped our own and we met up near the junction of the Al-Azhar Mosque and the Al-Hussein Mosque. We spent a few hours and many pounds in the shops and streets. After we were through exploring, we hopped another cab and made it over to a restaurant called Taboula. We gorged on soft pita bread & hummus, grilled chicken, taboula salad and the most amazing limade ever made! I think we wrapped up quite a satisfying day. And tomorrow we are going to have a little Easter celebration. We will be at the beach this weekend, so Easter's coming early!

P.S.
Ok, here's what I wanted to link to the word "gorged" but didn't want to turn anyone off. So view at your own discretion.

1 comment:

Miles said...

I can only say 2 things about this post...

1) Stop taking crack and posting on the blog.
2) Who is this nameless "Penrod Family" entity who is posting comments?

=)