Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall(en) leaves

Bryan and I have been enjoying the beautiful fall leaves as we drive down several tree-lined streets on our way to the freeway to go to work in the morning. The leaves are finished changing now, and are focused on falling. There are leaves everywhere, including every square inch of our front yard, our driveway, and the sidewalk in front of our house. This was the view this morning:
Below is a better view of where the sidewalk should be (sorry it's blurry -- I took it on my Blackberry):

Bryan is in Philadelphia until tomorrow night, so we'll see how ambitious I get about cleaning up the leaves tomorrow. I figure at the very least, we should clear off the sidewalk so it matches the rest of the sidewalks in the neighborhood.

Leaves. Yet another joy of homeownership that we never thought about. Because our trees are so big and so old, we also periodically have to gather up fallen branches. I've done a little research, and I think we can actually burn our branches in the county we live in now. I need to verify, but let me tell you, a big ol' fire in the back yard would make Bryan's day!

No comments: