Below is a view of Vancouver from Granville Island, one of the big tourist attractions there.
When I checked into the hotel, the woman at the front desk informed me that I got a room with a "mountain view." She was very pleased with herself for bestowing such an honor, so I was anxious to see this alleged "view." I got to my room and laughed, because the clouds and fog were so thick, I could have had a room with a "compost heap view" and not know the difference.
I took the picture below just before I left for the airport. Of course, because I was leaving, the clouds lifted a bit. If you look really hard, you can almost see the mountains.
The funniest part of the trip was the ride back to the Vancouver airport. The cab driver asked me where I was from and what I do. When he found out I work in Congress, he proudly informed me that he was an American, and had moved to Canada several years ago. You have to ask yourself: What sort of person leaves the U.S. to become a cab driver in Canada???
No comments:
Post a Comment