Hey all! Happy Thanksgiving! The day is done for us, but it's just starting for you guys! I hope it's a wonderful day together! We started the day with a treat; a run to Krispy Kreme doughnuts! Spence took the kids while I got the turkey in the oven. Once they got back we played games and chopped vegetables. We ate dinner at 2pm. After dinner, we all collapsed in the living room and watched Mairyn & Eliza go at it in an exciting game of chess. It was a beautiful day; the temps have finally dropped to low 70s - high 60s during the day. I made pies on Wednesday, the usual pumpkin and apple. I also tried my hand at a pecan pie. It turned out amazingly! We turned on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for a while, then started the traditional Thanksgiving evening viewing of "It's A Wonderful Life". It is so amazing to see the kid's progression in understanding of this movie. Anyway, after turkey sandwiches for dinner and a lovely walk outside, we called it a day.

Oh, and Mom, looky what I made all by myself. The kids squealed, "Yay! Just like at Grandma's!"

Oh, and Mom, looky what I made all by myself. The kids squealed, "Yay! Just like at Grandma's!"
No comments:
Post a Comment