Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight years ago....


I was a junior in high school. We had an early morning choir practice for an upcoming concert. We worked through all the pieces and came to the last one: "The Star-Spangled Banner". We spent the most time practicing that one because it was our favorite. Just as we finished and were putting our music away, another teacher ran in the room and told us the news. "Planes have crashed into the Pentagon and World Trade Center! Turn on the t.v.!" Ever since that day that song means so much more to me. God bless America and may we be worthy of His blessings.

1 comment:

Chelsey said...

I was still living in Provo, but had graduated from BYU. I was supposed to be heading to Pocatello that day, to go to my technical writing job at FMC. I watched the news in the morning, and had no idea what it all meant. Can't believe it has been eight years!