Mairyn is a tooth losing machine. She lost her first tooth (her bottom left) back in March. Then last Thursday night, she comes to me and says,
"Mommy, I think this tooth is a little loose."
Pointing to the right bottom tooth, she grabs my hand with the other and shows me. It's barely hanging on. Yeah, I think it's loose Mairyn. That one practically falls out in my hand and we put it out in a cup for the Tooth Fairy. **
Then Saturday afternoon, Mairyn says again that she thinks another tooth is loose. The top tooth is quite wiggly. So we give it a couple wiggles and out comes the other one. She is now left with three holes in her mouth and a pronounced lisp. It's bery cute! We kept asking her to say, "Sister Susie sitting on a thistle." She didn't get that it sounded different. Thoe thoe adorable! She has discovered that she can clench her teeth AND drink through a straw in her spaces!
**Our Method for the Tooth Fairy**
We put our teeth in a cup of water. It started with my dad. I still remember when we would stick it in an envelope under the pillow, but then I think the "Tooth Fairy" had a hard time getting it out from under said pillow when my sister would clutch it all night, making the envelope extrication very difficult. So my dad introduced the cup of water. He said my grandpa did it, so that's what we did. And I've kind of kept up with it. Hey, you always have change lying around.
No comments:
Post a Comment