Friday, February 27, 2009

Mom and Dad update


Thought I would catch you up on the past week. We went to Boise for Reed and Callie's wedding and as I told you everything went wonderfully well. We drove home on Monday and I noticed that my throat was a little scratchy but I didn't think much of it. The next day Tuesday I really started getting congested and had the thought, I had better get into the doctor tomorrow so I feel good for the Open House I have to do this week end. Wednesday morning got into the Doctor feeling really crappy. He gave me a shot of an antibiotic and a steroid to reduce the swelling in my bronchial tubes and sinuses, and a Z-pak. I got up the next morning thinking I would feel much better, I didn't. I went in to work for a while and came home and collapsed in to bed. I didn't get back out of bed until Saturday morning to go back into the doctor for more shots, breathing treatments, and x-rays. (I was supposed to be setting up for the open house Friday night, but thanks to Sam and my wonderful ward friends they got it all set up). Needless to say I barely made it home form the doctor's office so I knew I wasn't going to make it to the open house. In desperation I called Grandma and Grandpa Bowen along with Aunt Vickie and Uncle Scott to come as fast as they could to fill in for Dad and I. Oh did I forget to mention that by Saturday morning Dad had it too. I would drag myself out of bed long enough to help Callie get ready, do her hair etc and then fall back into bed in a coughing fit. The good news is the open house went off without a hitch people were wonderful and helpful. There was a nice turn out and they got lots of nice presents. It will always be remembered that Dad and I however, were not in attendence. Anyway I am still in bed but I can tell I am on the mend, Dad is doing a little better and is up and moving. I have been humbled and I will never take my good health for granted again. I also realize I can't tough my way through everything and I am very human.

No comments: