Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!



We had a great 4th, er, 3rd of July. Saturday was the parade, fireworks, etc. The parade in Rexburg; historically cold. Seriously, it was 49F when we left the house at 9am. And it warmed up to about 56F by the end of the parade. Fortunately, I still had some comforters in the back of the van. It didn't impair the parade at all. It was the best it's been in a long time. I'd like to say my fingers were too cold to take any pictures, but the truth is, I forgot my camera.

After the parade, we all drove down to Grandma & Grandpa Bowen's for a BBQ. Idaho Falls was at least 10 degrees warmer. I'd say about 71F. Perfect, perfect 'being outside' weather. I'd like to say that I was stuffing my face with grilled burgers & dogs, so I was too busy to take any pictures, but I'd be telling a half-truth! I was otherwise occupied, gorging on picnic yummies, yes, but I again forgot my camera.


The day warmed up a little in Rexburg & we had some fun outside time. We headed over to Mom & Dad's later in the evening. This time, I remembered my camera. We had fireworks from dusk until way past bedtime.
Dad lighting the kid's sparklers
For some reason, my picture upload is being weird. I'll get more up soon.

No comments: