Tuesday, July 28, 2009

They did the chop-chop.

Eliza has been bugging me all summer to get her hair chopped off. I kept waffling about the whole thing, she has gorgeous hair. Thicker and more luscious than I could ever dream of having. She had a thicker ponytail at three years old than I have ever. Ever! So I told her that she had to grow it just a bit longer so that it would qualify for the Locks of Love donation program. She had one half inch to go. 3/4ths to an inch to be safe. Then I heard about the Pantene donation requirements. They only require 8 inches. Ah-ha! So I arranged with my hairdresser friend to have it cut. It was sad to see it go. But this is the second time Eliza has donated to a hair program. She did it two years ago as well. As didMairyn. She lost a whopping 12 inches the last time we did it. We've been keeping Mairyn's hair a bit shorter in the interim, so she was far from qualifying. But she wanted to get a haircut, too. Who am I to stand in the way of an easier hairstyle? Really, it will be easier for the girls to maintain their own hair; washing, drying, brushing, etc. And they said they felt a lot cooler!!









1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh my heavens, Eliza looks so much older! They both look like little beauties. I'm glad you guys will have all that "teenage daughter" business figured out before Emily starts noticing boys... I shudder at the thought!!!