**our christmas tree, nativity re-enactment and christmas morning picture**

Our Christmas was magical! Really. We have had such a great holiday vacation. We decided to go caroling to our friend's apartments a few days before Christmas and bring them the goodies we had made. Christmas Eve we played games, cracked nuts, listened to Christmas music and ate pizza. Christmas Day was just perfect. We had stockings, presents and I decided to play hostess and make a Christmas dinner. We had our wonderful friend's, the Lewises over to share in our feast. They are a family with whom we've become buds. To date, I think it was the best Christmas I've ever had. I still feel like I'm going to burst! I don't mean to boast, I just want to share the feelings of joy that we've felt over the past 2 weeks. And maybe these feelings are magnified because the Christmas season didn't start out quite so idyllic for us. To be honest (and because our family is only reading this) I was quite depressed. It didn't help that Spencer was gone for the whole month of November and didn't return until the 8th of December. I didn't even feel like putting up the tree this year. I really wanted to be buying a "Baby's First Christmas" ornament. I wanted another tiny stocking to add to our line. I felt dejected and cheated. I love the holiday season; it sounds cliche, but it's true. It's my favorite time of year. I prayed earnestly for a change of heart. And you know what? It came! On the 15th, I decided enough was enough. I put up the tree, made salt dough decorations and paper chains with the kids, played games and listened to Christmas music. And you know what? I felt better. And everyone in the house felt better. We all felt warmed and comforted by the amazing spirit in our home. Anyway, Merry Christmas to all our family. And, by the way, Christmas cards were mailed last Monday and Tuesday, so they're on their way!

No comments:
Post a Comment